Twitter Grader Forum

Twitter Grader Forum

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Only a trusting fool would give up their password to a third-party site. Come up with a better way to handle authentication.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I recently changed my username from @jrward to @jamesward. I now appear in the Elite list twice – the older username ranking higher than the new one.

It would be great if you could build in a way of 'claiming' an old account and transferring its grade.

Also, right now it doesn't look great to appear twice in the listing.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I check the grade of a user and it linked to Google Map from her iPhone GPS location. I suggest to default it as masked as I felt creepy to fing the fact people can stalk you in Google Map without knowing.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With the influx of newer accounts who mass add followers something needs to be done to identify people who may have followers, but are using "blackhat" type ways to mass follow.

I've seen people running "add bots" collecting a few thousand followers, then auto-unfollowing those who don't follow back the next day. An easy http://twittercounter.com search shows a HUGE spike in follows with large 'stair step" jumps.

Often times they are growing an account at 1000%. I recommend looking at the time a user has been a member combined with looking at how fast they are growing their account and…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When searching for "San Diego" you get san francisco. I'm assuming it searches san only.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I search for "Cloud Computing" for example, it gives search results. I want to share those with others by providing a link.

Provide a URL that will link to Search Results.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think if someone is following more people then follow them, it should count against them. This would avoid following everyone in order to get a better "grade".

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It's just the same thing with the Website.grader, have a link to twitter.grader.com/"userpage" via a 80x15 button image. Having to load up the twitter.grader page can update the status of the Tweeter.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are a large number of people in many Asian countries (not just China) who use twitter but do not use the English names of their cities for their location. This names, obviously, to be fair, should be included in the search for city-based and country based Elites lists.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I notice that those who follow 10% of those who follow them get higher scores that people with higher follower/following numbers. I don't think this kind of nonreciprocal relationships should be valued higher than reciprocal relationships (follow those who follow you). Social media is about mutual relationships, not eliteness.

84 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Even if i'm not in the top 100 in New York, US, it would be interesting to see what # I rank and who is above/below me.

407 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to Grade one's degree of influence among twitterers in a certain location. Note: this would be different from just listing the universal twitter grades of all those in a particular location by numerical order. Instead, this would be a localized score, using the same algorithms that the universal score uses, but only for those within a defined location.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use the organic Omnee directory's tags to recommend followers. It's here http://omnee.thebubblejungle.com

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How about a tool to search all your follower to see which ones are not following you. I know you can check individual people.

139 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The tweet cloud on Twitter Grader is a bit sad... Compare http://tweetstats.com/graphs/DearRobot#tcloud with the one generated by grader: http://twitter.grader.com/dearrobot

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow me to see how my twitter grade (and maybe other twitterers' grades as well) has changed from day to day in a graph visualization. To be honest, i'm most interested in other people, because I'm very aware of my own day to day twitter grader score. Sometimes I find that I notice that someone I follow has a higher score than I last remember, and I'm interested in how that score has changed over time.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Conceptually, a user could create affinity groups and add those he/she is following to a particular group...then select that affinity group as their home page "sort/view". Think of it as a way for an individual who is following a number of interests/communities to display just those who are 'following' in a single, user-defined, affinity group...whether that is "family", "business associates", "knitters", "study group", etc.

Search and hashtabs accomplish this to a degree, but with the growing number of followers/following, options for displaying the conversation would allow some 'noise reduction' when a conversation is more narrowly focused.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you're going to recommend people I follow, and if the grade is some reflection of people's worthiness, shouldn't all the people you recommend I follow have twitter grades of 99+? I.e. it's much more likely that I'd want to follow Stephen Fry or Hugh MacLeod or Stephen Fry than somebody with a ranking of 61.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. If somebody hasn't tweeted for several months, should they really be ranked 90+/100?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?